Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ok, two posts, same day. Probably never happening again.

Well, I went to my HGRA game tonight. I found out I'm the color green and our team s South Korea. Two people on my team, Maddie and Anna, both go to Highland, where Iris is going next year. Apparently, they hate private schools because private schools aren't as 'exciting'.
Wow. That really surprised me. They wanted to be in a public school with druggies and smokers and kids who drink? Apparently, it's 'interesting' how the boys fight all the time. I was thinking to myself, "Man, if you really think public schools are better, than you're missing out majorly."
They asked me, "Oh, you have to wear uniforms? And is your school all religious and stuff." I wanted to say, "Yes we wear uniforms, and they're better than no uniforms, because Idon't have to have an anxiety attack about what I'm going to wear in the morning (not that I really would anyway, but that's really not the point) and as for religious, /i like having religion at school, whereas in public schools, you can't talk about Christianity or Catholicism, because not everyone is a Christian, and I like the 'religious' part of Trinity." but I didn't say that. I just said, "Yeah, we have to wear uniforms." I really feel sorry for public school kids. Public schools must be like...Nativity on steroids *shudders* ugh...I'd die after a week in a public school....
Thank God for Private schools :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dude, I've always been, like, scared of public schools; no joke. I've never gone to one (my parents started sending us all to private school the year I went into kindergarten) but I know what kinds of experiences my brothers had there and they... didn't sound very pleasant.

Melisa said...

Ok, I want to say something positive for public schools now. :)
As you all may or may not know, I went to a public elementary school for K-6. And believe it or not, I enjoyed it. Yes, how religion was tip-toed around was not something that I applauded or even scarcely enjoyed, but at the same time I now have encountered, and at least started to understand, many people's point of view, all whom were raised differently than I was, or even just different culturally. And because of that, I can relate to those around me much easier.
However! I thank the Lord an unbelievable amount that I am blessed with the community of Christians at my school now.
Food for thought, that's all. :)