Saturday, July 26, 2008

A buncha random things! Yay!

So, I just finished the book Thr3e by Ted Dekker. It was really...weird. I mean, it's like this guy being threatened by this killer to confess his sins, and at the end it turns out it's all one person who was multiple personalities. Of course, I don't think it's much weirder than some of Ted Dekker's other books. Showdown was by far the weirdest, I think. I didn't really like it.(oh, and since Lisa and Nathan are moving, they apparently had it, so I now own a copy of the one Ted Dekker book I'm least likely to read again)
So there, Stephanie (Bowar). I've officially read every single Ted Dekker book that he has not co-written with Frank Peretti and whoever else.And you stil need to read the Circle Trilogy.
Also, Stephanie (Rumpza this time) put the movie Stardust on our Netflix, cuz she wanted me to watch it, and that is a very good movie, even if Yvaine was played by the same person who starred in that really dumb math movie I watched with Steph called proof. (Steph watched it simply because it was filmed on the U of C campus, and she'd just graduated and wanted to see i it again, because she'd seen it on orientation on her first year of U of C.)
Word of advice from Mary: Never watch it. It was SO dumb. and the ending was stupid too. Plus, it was about Math, and, if you didn't know already, I HATE math.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Dude, you're making me feel so... inferior! Haha. There are like three or four Ted Dekker/Frank Peretti books that I've started and then haven't finished. I really have to buy some off of Amazon; that way I won't have to return them to the library before I have time to finish reading them. -_-
By the way, do NOT see the movie that they made from Thr3e. It's supposed to be scary and stuff, but it was really dumb, and super boring when you already know the ending. I watched it with Michelle on Friday night (she finally finished the book). Yeah, just don't see it.
I still plan to read the Circle Trilogy, by the way! ...eventually. -cough-