Monday, July 21, 2008

The Dark Knight!!!!

yay!!! I saw it today!!! And man, Joker is soooo creepy! Heath Ledger did an AMAZING job! His goal was basically to make everyone kill each other. And the magic trick at the beginning was awesome. He walked into a room full of people, and they said something like, "Why should we hire you?" and then he said, "How about a magic trick? I'm going to make this pencil disappear." He slammed a pencil into the table so that it was upright, and then he took the nearest guy and slammed his face into the pencil, and said, "Ta Da!" So It was a super cool movie, but it was also depressing. And they used a different actress to play Rachel Dawes! That really made me mad. It was the girl from Stranger Than Fiction (good movie, even if it does have Will Ferrel in it) I liked the old Rachel better :(
And Scarecrow was there at the start, but thankfully he wasn't in the rest of the movie (he's so ugly, it really annoys me. His cheekbones stick out and his eyes are really creepy) It also really annoyed me how the joker kept licking his lips. It was really creepy.
Overall, I would say it was a good movie. It was a little too depressing, but "The night is darkest just before the dawn."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too depressing? This is Batman, not the Power Rangers! This is Gotham City, not Happy Town!!! Scarecrow and Joker are supposed to make you feel uncomfortable!

In all seriousness, though. This film doesn't pull any punches. In the real world, the biggest heroes don't usually get recognition, the good guys don't always get there in time (though sometimes they do), and the city may rest safer, but not easier.

I'm not sure I agree with you on Joker's goal. His vision for humanity is geared more towards madness than death, though many die in the process.

You'd take Katie Holmes over Maggie Gyllenhaal? Katie just didn't come off as a strong girl to me. Maggie's better at being a no nonsense DA from one of the toughest cities in the world.

About Cillian Murphy being ugly. You'll have to go over that with Fran. I think she disagrees.

Oh, and it's "The night is darkest just before the dawn."

Mary said...

Well, it was too depressing for a monday morning. (by morning, I mean 12:00, but that is morning for me...)
And I gues I just didn't like the random switch between actresses. It was like, "Hey...wait a sec..that's not Rachel, where did she go?"